RYA Powerboat courses on Lake Garda

RYA Powerboat Level 2 courses and others on Lake Garda, Italy

Learn to drive a RIB with our RYA powerboat courses. We have an Excel Virago 470 for up to three people with an instructor. We teach with the instructor on-board but with students managing all the manoeuvres and exercises. Our RYA Level 2 powerboat course is run over 2 full days with most of the theory managed on board.

Learn to handle a powerboat
RYA Powerboat courses

The RYA Level Two Powerboat course is both fun and instructive. Whilst at first glance the syllabus appears very similar to the Powerboat Level One course the extra time available makes a real difference to the depth in which subjects are covered and therefore the amount a student can learn.

RYA Powerboat training


RYA Powerboat training

Demonstrating control

RYA Powerboat courses
For all levels

Prior Experience

No prior experience is necessary. The course suits those new to boating and those who have been boating for years. Most people take Level 2 and bypass Level 1 as the two courses contain similar exercises but a Level 2 candidate is expected to demonstrate knowledge and skills to a higher level.

Normal Duration

2 days from 09:30 to 17:30.

Student ratios

There are a maximum of 3 students to 1 Instructor.


We can usually accept a child over 12 to attend a course with their parent/guardian on our powerboat – please call or email to confirm. Candidates over 16 but under 18 can attend a normal course but we must have their parent/guardian’s written permission – please call or email to discuss.

RYA Powerboat course

Planning and communicating

RYA recognized 
Powerboat training centre

At our sailing centre, you will find a perfect location for your powerboat course with many other family activities such as sailing, windsurfing, and SUP; making us the family-friendly choice for your watersports day or holiday.

We have instructors for all these with a mix of Italian, English and German spoken well.

Powerboat for RYA courses

Our XL Virago 470


We are an inland centre and our certificates will be issued stating that. We will explain and discuss navigation, tide and currents but you will need to visit a sea-based centre to obtain a coastal certificate. Coastal centres may be willing to provide a conversion course based upon your achievements at Level 2 (Inland)

Powerboat Level 2 courses 
Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs)

Print pagePDF pageEmail page